Direct LiveSite call to action links
Create direct LiveSite call-to-action links and them to specific pages on your website, your social media, emails and online campaigns, to engage more clients and increase conversion.
You can easily create direct custom links to each of your LiveSite calls-to-action, including: Send a message, Schedule an appointment, Share documents and Make payment in just seconds - without any special technical skills.
You can publish any LiveSite Call to action link anywhere you want. For example:
- Add a LiveSite Scheduling Link to your next email campaign to allow clients to schedule directly from the email
- Add a call to action link to your next tweet to promote a specific service or special from your Twitter account
- You can add a LiveSite Contact option on your YouTube videos
- Add a "Pay Now" button on your website so clients can easily pay for any service
The options for creating links to LiveSite call to action are nearly endless; it’s fast and easy! Plus, each call-to-action is seamlessly integrated with your site, so clients can take action without ever leaving your website.
Creating LiveSite Calls-to-Action
To create and customize your calls-to-action link click on My LiveSite from the left navigation pane, then click on Create Direct Links button.
Step 1: Choose Where You Would Like to Place the Link
Email, Social networks, and Website (simple link) - LiveSite calls to action will be opened in a new browser tab. Select one of these options when you wish to grab a simple link where you paste anywhere - in your email signature, posts and even text messages.
Webpage - link will open a “floating window” (Recommended) - When you add the LiveSite calls to action to a webpage, it is recommended to add it as a "floating window" (lightbox). In this case, clients will be able to complete the action without leaving your webpage.
Shown below is an example of the service menu in a floating window (lightbox), using the recommended option above.
Step 2: Choose an action
In this section you will determine what type of action you would like your client to take.
- Go to my LiveSite page - This option will generate the URL for your free LiveSite page, where clients can view all the different calls to action you made available online. They can also login to the private client portal to view and manage their communication with you.
- Schedule an Appointment: This option will generate a scheduling call to action. If you don't select a specific service or specific staff member, this link will display your full service menu. The client will be able to select any service, and schedule the appointment with any staff member that provides it.
- Alternatively, you can skip the service menu selection and direct your clients to view the calendar of a specific service or schedule with a specific staff member. Simply select from the drop-down menu, the specific service you wish to send clients to.
- Our Tip: If you wish to promote specific services on your emails and social media but not on your website, you can hide that specific service from your main menu. The system will generates a direct link to all of your services, even services that were not listed on your service menu.
This way you can use it to offer "specials" on email campaigns and/or social media, or even email it to premium clients to schedule “after hours” appointments. To learn more about how to setup your service menu, how to set service-specific availability and how to hide certain options, please click here.
- Send Message: This option will generate a send message action. You can customize the form by editing the Client Card settings, and collect any needed information about your clients so you can provide optimal service.
- You can also set a default subject line and message content. If desired, you may create multiple messaging links and set each one with different default subject/message and add the forms to different pages on your website.
- Make Payment: Easily collect client payments for any service and any amount. You can create a payment button with a predefined service and amount. Alternatively, you can allow the client to complete the payment form with the service of their choice and for any amount.
Example of payment form with predefined service & fixed amount:
- Share Documents: This option will generate a share document action. Allow clients to share files or documents with you. The files will be linked to each client card in your account, and you and your client can access them at any time.
- LiveSite Page: This option will generate the URL for your free LiveSite page. On your LiveSite page, clients can view information about you and your business, take any action, and post your public profile page on their social media to help you promote your business.
The LiveSite page is also where returning clients can access their private client portal. Clients can view their communication history, submit and review payments and/or documents, as well as view updates and new notifications from you and your business.
Client portal example:
Step 3: Implement your Link/Button
Once you have selected your preferences, view the Instructions section at the bottom. Copy the link and place it where desired.
Please note: If you selected the floating window option, you will be instructed to also add the LiveSite SDK code to your website.
The LiveSite SDK code should be added to your site only once. However, if you already added the LiveSite widget to your website, this step is not necessary.
Step 4 (optional): Tag the link to track activity
Since you can use your call-to-action link in multiple channels, you can tag the link so you can know from which URL or campaign the request was submitted.
The tag will be included in each request in your account Inbox, in the reports and can also be forwarded through the API to any other applications you use.
Simply add s="SOURCE-NAME" to your call-to-action link as follows:
If you didn't customize the call to action you should add ? at the end of the link and then s="SOURCE-NAME" e.g. -
Or in case you have customized the call to action for example, you generated a link to schedule a specific service. at the end of the link and then s="SOURCE-NAME" e.g. -