In this article, you'll learn how to set up and manage recurring and scheduled one-time payments to charge clients' credit and debit cards automatically.
Whether collecting monthly fees, offering subscription-based services, or managing one-time payments, recurring and scheduled payments will help you streamline the process and ensure timely payments from your clients.
Important: Recurring and Scheduled Payments may not be available on all Payment Gateways and are not included in basic plans.
Periodic charging automation with a pre-defined amount, frequency, and number of repetitions.
A one-time future charge with a fixed amount and pre-defined date.
Create a New Payment
To create a new recurring or scheduled payment, follow these steps.
1. Use the ‘Quick Actions’ or the ‘New’ button on the Client Card and pick ‘Recurring Payment.’
First stage - Payment settings
2. Payment name - Add a unique payment name for the payment.
Important: Payment name can't be changed once a payment is created.
3. Choose the payment settings:
- For recurring payments, set the following:
Note: Recurring payments can include a max of 100 repetitions.
- Amount per payment,
- Frequency (repetition) option (weekly, Bi-weekly, or monthly)
- First charge date,
- Number of repetitions (number of payments).
- For a scheduled payment, choose One-time and set the following:
- Payment amount
- Date of the charge (must be a future date)
- Add an internal note - This will only appear on the payment details
4. Choose whether you want to send a receipt to the client after every successful payment.
Second stage - Payment method
5. Review the summary of the payment and make sure it’s correct.
6. Enter credit card information or select one of the client’s saved cards.
7. Confirm that the client has consented to save the card for future payments.
8. Click on "Create payment’ to initiate the payment.
Important: Once a payment has been set, there is no option to edit the name, frequency, or amount. To update a payment, you'll need to cancel and create a new payment.
Manage Recurring and Scheduled Payments
You can view all client recurring and scheduled payments in the Client Card Payments tab under Recurring payments. In addition, all client's recurring and scheduled payments will also appear on the ‘Activity Highlights’.
There are three statuses for recurring and scheduled payments: Active, canceled, and completed.
To view the plan details, simply click on its name. All payment details will open on the right side, including Payment name, frequency, total amount collected, next payment due, remaining payments, and more.
Editing an active payment
You can only change card details or cancel the payment on an active payment.
Processed payments are listed under the Payments > Payments Received page in the Client Card and the main menu.