This article explains the process for adding a new Announcement to your Announcement set. You can create Announcements using either of these methods:
- Selecting an Announcement from the Template Library: Choose a pre-designed Announcement from the large selection of professional promotions provided in our Template Library.
- Creating an Announcement Manually: Select a call-to-action for your promotion, compose the message and design its look and feel using the Announcement Editor.
Once you've created a new Announcement, you can change, update and tweak its settings at any time, regardless of which method you used to create it.
Selecting an Announcement from the Template Library
Our library offers a large variety of Announcement types with built-in settings enables you to create a modern, attractive and professional set of promotions in minutes.
To select an Announcement from the Template Library:
- Open the Marketing menu and select Announcements. At the upper left corner of the page, open the Template Library by clicking New Announcement.
- Scroll through the Library to view the template tiles. When you hover over a tile, the Select and Preview buttons appear.
Note: Clicking Select at this point will create a new Announcement and open the Edit Announcement page. Skip to Step 4 below.
- Click Preview to view a description of an Announcement and see how the Announcement will be presented to your clients. Scroll down to see the entire preview.
Then, select one of the following actions:
* To scroll through previews of other Announcements in the Library, click the navigation arrows on either side of the preview.
* To return to the Template Library, click Back To Library.
* To create an Announcement using the currently displayed template, click Select This Template.
- Selecting a template opens the Edit Announcement page, where you can (optionally) update Announcement settings.
If you want to leave the settings as they are, or if you prefer to update the settings later, close the Edit Announcement page by clicking the Done button at the top of the page.
Creating an Announcement Manually
To successfully create a manual Announcement, you need to give the new Announcement a name and select its call-to-action. All other settings can be added later, using the Announcement Editor.
To create an Announcement manually:
- Open the Marketing menu and select Announcements. At the upper left corner of the page, click New Announcement.
The Template Library opens.
- At the upper right corner of the Template Library, click Create Your Own.
The New Announcement dialog opens.
- At the top of the dialog, enter a name for your Announcement. The name can contain up to 250 characters.
- Select the call-to-action by clicking one of the rows or choosing an option from the dropdown list at the bottom of the dialog.
Note: If you want clients to be directed to your business website, or to any other webpage that is NOT part of the Client Portal, select Custom URL.
- In the dialog that opens, specify additional settings (if relevant). The additional settings displayed will vary according to the call-to-action you selected in Step 4.
To return to the list of calls-to-action, click Change Action.
- At the bottom of the dialog, click Create.
The Edit Announcement page opens, where you can update Announcement settings.
If you prefer to work on the settings later, close the Edit Announcement page by clicking the Done button at the top of the page.