A one-on-one appointment service involves a meeting between you (or a member of your team) and an individual client. There is no limitation on the number of these services. You can create as many as necessary to fully customize your services to fit your client needs.
This article explains how to add one-on-one appointments to your Services menu and summarizes some advanced options that you can use to help keep the booking process smooth for both you and your clients.
Adding a One-on-One Appointment to your Services Menu
To create a new one-on-one appointment service, you need to specify a name for the service and complete some basic settings. The required settings are:
- Location of the appointment
- Length and cost of the appointment
- Staff members who provide the service
Follow these steps to add a one-on-one appointment to your Services menu:
- From the Settings menu, select My Services.
- At the upper left corner of the page that opens, click New Service and then select 1 on 1 appointment.
Alternatively, at the end of any service category on the page, click Add 1 on 1 Appointment.
The New service - 1 on 1 appointment dialog opens.
- At the top of the dialog, under Service info, enter the name of the new service (e.g., Consultation Call). The service name can have a maximum of 250 characters.
- Click ONE of the Choose location buttons to choose the setting for the meeting. Once you make a selection, you will be prompted to enter additional details in order for the appointment to be set up. The location options are:
- Face to Face
- Over the Phone
- Under Duration, set the length of the appointment. Clients will not have the option to randomly block your schedule or choose their own meeting length.
- Under Price, choose whether or not clients are required to pay for the service. If you select With Fee, you will be prompted to enter the service price. If you want clients to pay in advance, be sure to check the Require to pay online during booking box.
Note: In order to successfully request payment up-front, make sure you have configured your payment gateway under Settings > Payments.
- Under Staff, open the list and select the staff member(s) who can provide the service. To choose all staff members, click Select All.
- To save your new one-on-one appointment service, click one of the following buttons:
* CREATE: Creates the service and adds it to the My Services page.
* ADVANCED: Creates the service and opens the Edit Service page, where you can select additional settings for the service. (See the next section for more information.)
1 on 1 Appointments: Advanced Settings
Clicking Advanced when creating a service opens the Edit Service page, where you can review and revise the basic settings of services that were set up, and update advanced settings for the specific service.
Settings that you can configure on the Edit Service page are:
- Service info: How and where the service is displayed to clients.
- Location: Details related to how the meeting is set up, such as who chooses the location, which online meeting provider is used, etc.
- Duration and Availability: Additional settings related to meeting length and available time slots.
- Price: How the fee is displayed to clients and whether advanced payment is required.
- Staff: Details related to client selection of a staff member during online booking.
For more details about these settings, refer to Working with Advanced Settings for Services.
Some additional advanced settings include:
- Booking Options: Customize the online booking options for the individual service. This will override the defaults set in Settings > Online Booking Options.
- Client Notifications: Customize the auto client messages related to booking this specific service. Updating this section will override the default auto client messages.
- Client Intake Form: Customize the information that the client provides when booking this service online. For details, refer to Customizing Client Card Settings.
The links in the Quick Navigation pane (found on the right side of the Edit Service page) provide access shortcuts to all the different advanced settings.
NOTE: After updating advanced settings, save your changes by clicking Done (in the upper left corner of the Edit Service page).