When an appointment is scheduled, an automatic email is sent to the assigned staff member and the client about the upcoming appointment.
By default, one email reminder will be sent 15 minutes before the meeting. You can set up a total of two reminders before the appointment, which are sent according to the time frame that you select. You may also configure SMS reminders to be sent to the client.
This article explains how to create these reminders and provides information about additional options for setting up SMS messaging.
Setting Up Client Appointment Reminders
Configure your default appointment reminders in the Auto Client Messages section of your settings. (The options you select here are applied to all services.) You can also set custom reminders for specific services in Settings > My Services. Reminders set at the service level will override the default reminder settings.
Setting Default Reminders
Follow these steps to set your default appointment reminders:
- Open the Settings menu and select Auto Client Messages.
- In the Reminders section, open the dropdown list and select when the reminder should be sent (the options are relative to the time of the appointment). You can set up to two different reminders.
If you do not want to send a reminder, select Disabled.
- To send an SMS reminder in addition to the email reminder, check the box next to Send reminder via text message (SMS) as well. You may choose to send one SMS reminder or two.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
Configuring Custom Reminders
You can set custom reminders for one or more specific services. These reminders override the settings you selected on the Auto Client Messages page.
Follow these steps to set a custom reminder for a service:
- Open the Settings menu and select My Services.
- Click in the row of the relevant service to open the service settings.
- Navigate to the Client Notifications section. Then, under Reminders, select the Customize radio button.
- Configure the email and SMS reminders for this service, as explained in the procedure above.
- When you are finished, click Done (at the top of the page).
Working with Client SMS Reminders
When you enable SMS reminders, a phone number field will be automatically added to the contact form that clients are required to complete at the time of scheduling. Clients are notified underneath that field that an SMS reminder will be sent before the meeting.
If your business is located outside of the USA, Canada and France, you have the option to set a sender name that is displayed to recipients of your text messages (instead of displaying the source phone number). Keep in mind that the sender name will not be displayed to clients located in the above countries, and that display of sender name is subject to local service provider regulations.
To set a sender name, open the Settings menu, click Business Info, and select the checkbox under Sender Name.
Then, on the line below, enter the sender name you want your clients to see. The name can contain up to 11 English letters and numbers only. Spaces and special characters are not supported.
Sending SMS Reminders to Clients with No Email
If you add clients to your account who do not have an email address, but do have a phone number, they will receive SMS reminders when the SMS setting is enabled.
If you do not want any reminders to be sent, disable the feature by going to Settings > Auto Client Messages. In the Reminders section, open the Schedule for dropdown list and select Disabled. Then, at the top of the page, click Save.
Changing the Client Notification Number
On the Client Card, you can have multiple phone fields (cell phone, home phone, etc.). If you have more than two phone fields on the Client Card, you can change the number that notifications are sent to.
Follow these steps to change the client notification number:
- Open the Clients menu, and click on the relevant client.
- Select the Info tab.
The phone number that SMS notifications are currently being sent to appears at the bottom of the Additional Information section, on the right side of the page. If you have multiple phone numbers for the client, this field is editable.
- Click on the number to open a list displaying other valid numbers you can switch to. From the list, select the number you would like to use for SMS notifications.
Your changes are saved automatically.
Still have questions? Contact Us