In this article, you’ll learn how to set up your Calendar to reflect your regular business or specific hours and define your display preferences, time zone, hour format, and more.
If you are already using existing Calendars, you’ll see how to easily sync them into your account so you can keep track of all your appointments and meetings in one place.
Why set your Calendar in advance?
Setting your Calendar according to your availability helps you organize your services and bookings so you don't have to set them each time from scratch.
If you set your hours in advance, you can also be sure you will not get booked or set your appointments during your non-working hours.
If you are using an additional Calendar outside this account, it's a good idea to sync it to your Calendar to avoid double bookings and misunderstandings.
To access your Calendar settings, open the Settings menu and click Availability & Calendar. You can also access the Calander settings directly from the Calendar by clicking the icon
Important: Account admins can change the general business settings and each staff member's settings separately.
Business Settings are defined on the business level and apply to all staff members.
Important: Business settings are visible only to the account admins.
- Local time: By default, your Calendar will automatically adjust to your client’s time zone. Suppose you’re a local business with local services. In that case, you can check the ‘My business is local’ box to be sure your availability is always displayed in your local time on both your Calendar and for your clients on the Client Portal. If you provide services remotely, you may consider leaving the box unchecked.
Note: When checking ‘my business is local,’ staff members won’t be able to change their own time zone.
- Start week on: Choose the day you want your weekly Calendar display to start. The default will be determined based on the convention in your country.
Example: The week display will start on Monday if you are in Europe or the US. This affects not only your online scheduler but also the business Calendar display.
- Time format: Choose between a 12 or 24-hour clock.
Important: Make sure you click the save button on the top right after making changes.
Setting Your General Availability
The default schedule is a five-day work week based on your start day, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. You can customize any of these times to fit your business’s working days & hours.
Go to the general availability tab under the Calendar & Availability settings. You can also open it directly from the Calendar by clicking on the settings icon on the top right of the Calendar and going to General Availability.
- Enable/disable the relevant day
- Set the start and end times
- Click ‘Add’ to save this change
- If you wish to split your availability on a specific day, click ‘Add time slot’
Example: To add a lunch break between 12 pm and 1 pm, change your first slot to 9 am to 12 pm and add a new slot from 14 am to 17 am).
Staff member availability
General availability only reflects your personal availability. To change a staff member's availability, click on the ‘Change’ button beside your name above the tabs menu, choose the relevant staff member, and update the availability.
Note: Staff members can only view and manage their personal availability.
Setting one-time or temporary availability
Date-specific availability lets you tweak your Calendar to allow for temporary changes or one-time events.
- To update your availability on a specific date, click on a time slot on the date you wish to change.
- Pick the ‘Edit specific availability,’ and you can change it. Hover on the date and click the pencil icon to modify your availability. You can change your availability, add additional hours, or block the day altogether.
- Once you’re done, click the tick to save your changes.
To restore your availability to your default, click on' Restore default hours' again on the relevant time slot.
Important: The time slots you create and remove here are one-time-only occurrences. They will not repeat on a weekly basis.
Note: For recurring events, such as internal meetings, personal activities, etc., use the block time off. Go to Using the Calendar: Blocked Time to learn more.
Syncing Your Account Calendar with Your Existing Calendars
When a private Calendar is synced with your account, all events marked as busy on the personal Calendar will appear on the account Calendar.
The busy time from your private Calendar will automatically create a busy time on the business Calendar.
As a result, clients won't be able to schedule during your busy hours, and you avoid double bookings. But don’t worry; clients will not be able to see the busy time from your personal Calendar.
Note: Calendar sync is currently available only for Outlook or Google Calendar
To sync your Calendar, click the Calendar sync tab on the Calendar & Availability settings and follow the instructions.
Note: Admins can sync staff member Calendars if the business has a team Google Calendar or Outlook business account.
- Calendar increments: The default increment is 1 hour, but you can choose how you want to view the time period separating each slot on your daily and weekly Calendar.
The smaller your increments are, the more information will be presented on them.
Example: Let’s say you have a 30-minute appointment. If you choose to set your increments to 10 min ( meaning three increments), this is what the appointment will look like on your Calendar:
If you set it to be a 30-minute increment, your appointment on your Calendar will look like this:Tip: If your business runs 10-minute-long appointments, change the default to 5 minutes to get a good view of all your appointments.
Increments are defined per staff member. Once you are done updating your preferences, click ‘Save’ in the top right corner.
- Slot colors: You can adjust the slot color logic if you have a multi-staff account. There are three time slot color options available:
- Staff members: The default for the coloring system is to use colors to differentiate between staff members.
- Service name: Use colors to differentiate between service type
- Single vs. multi-staff view: The colors will reflect the service type if your view includes one staff member. If your view includes multiple staff members, the colors will reflect the staff member.
Tip: You can adjust service or staff member colors by clicking on the service or staff member name on the Calander left pane.