In this article you’ll learn about the different features of your Inbox and how to use them to better manage your client activity & client communication.
Your account Inbox looks like any other email inbox you know, but it includes some very special features for tracking & following up with clients!
Your Inbox goes way beyond regular back and forth messaging. It helps you automate and track your key business activities!
- Your Inbox includes all your business exchanges, not just messages. For example: A booking request, a booking confirmation, a document shared with you by a client, and so on.
- Your Inbox includes not only exchanges with existing clients, but with leads & potential clients too! For example: A new lead reaches out to your business online via your website or account business page. You see their request and contact info in your inbox. Now you can get back to them, have them stored in your system, and win more business.
Using your Inbox folders
Your Inbox folder contains all your business exchanges for managing your
daily activities with clients & leads (see above).
Besides your Inbox, there are three important folders that help you manage your inbox for you.
1. Require Your Attention: This folder will automatically contain any exchanges and requests you have not replied to and therefore, is extra valuable to your client management abilities.
2. Follow Up: This folder contains anything you mark as a Remind me item (see Creating follow-up reminders below).
You’ll be automatically reminded to follow-up on this item based on the reminder you set, so important items don’t get forgotten in your inbox.
3. Sources: In this folder you can see how clients & new leads have contacted you so you get important data on your business.
Managing inbox items: follow-up reminders & assigning items to staff
Your Inbox has an action menu at the top that helps you organize you manage your inbox and conversations.
Here are two useful actions you have for automating and organizing your client communication and activity from your Inbox:
1. Creating a follow-up reminder
If you cannot respond to a client conversation or request on the spot but want to be sure not to forget, you can set an automatic follow-up reminder for yourself to reply at a later time.
Here’s how to create a follow-up reminder to an inbox item:
Step 1: Click on the item in the inbox item you want to follow up on, and from the actions menu (shown below), click Remind me in…
Step 2: Choose when you want to receive your reminder and click Save.
Your reminder is set, and the message itself is automatically moved to your Follow Up folder.
2. Assign an inbox item to another staff member
Further organize your inbox and client activity with the Assign to staff button.
Step 1: Click on the inbox item you want to follow up on, and from the actions menu (shown above) and click Assign.
Step 2: Choose the staff member you want this item forwarded to, and click Send.
The item will be forwarded to be handled by your staff and will be removed from your inbox.
Engaging with clients from your Inbox
When you click on an inbox item, you get a Conversation page: a complete view of that client and and their interactions with your business.
You can manage a lot of your client activity directly and conveniently from this Conversation page.
Do any of the following:
- Click on any of the specific conversation items related to specific activities like payments or bookings, and you’ll be directed to take relevant actions.
- Use the message bar below the thread to message your clients directly, or to take a wide range of actions by clicking on the icon, like you see here: