In this article, you'll learn how to create and edit your client cards and effectively manage your clients' activity with them.
Creating client cards
A Client Card is automatically created for each client added to your account.
This will happen through adding or importing clients and also when a lead contacts your business through any website widgets or the business page you have set up.
To access a Client Card, just click on any of your clients from the Clients page in your main menu and the respective client card will open up:
Understanding client cards
Client information pane [#1]: Gives you all your important client info, the most recent note taken or updated on your client & a client activity highlights section including important past or future activities like an upcoming booking or pending payment. Multi-staff accounts will also see the client’s assigned staff member.
Client activity pane [#2]: The client Conversation tab with all your client interactions in one single, ongoing thread. The remaining tabs summarize other client activities such as Bookings, Payments and Documents.
Contact information pane [#3]: All your client’s contact information and details are found here, as well as your client’s status and the rating they’ve given you (if applicable). You can also use this pane to manage and store your client’s payment information (Cards on File).
Editing your client card
1. To edit an individual client’s information in their Client Card, simply click on the pencil icon near the top of either client information pane and adjust the information in the client card fields. Changes will save automatically.
2. You can add or remove client fields overall, for example, to add a secondary phone field, or an intake form question. Just click on Add/Edit Fields at the top of the Client Card Info tab.
- Labels define the display name of your client fields.
- Type defines the type of information you enter or collect. For example an email address, date, etc.
- Collecting client information: For each client field, you can also specify where and how you want to collect that information by adding it to different forms. For example, you can decide to collect your clients’ address when they request to book an appointment by selecting the Scheduling form from the intake forms dropdown. This will ensure that you have your client’s address in case, for example, the appointment takes place at their place of residence.
Manage client activity
Conveniently, all your business activities related to a particular client can be managed and followed up on directly from their client card.
Go to whichever item requires action for a particular client: Bookings, Payments, Documents, etc.
Take care of what you need done with your clients right then and there: Send a reminder about an overdue payment, charge for a past appointment or invite your client to book their next appointment.
The Conversations tab keeps the complete history of exchanges between you and your client: from invoices to messages, so nothing is ever lost.
Nesting Multiple Clients under the Main Contact
It's possible to nest multiple individuals under a primary point of contact, such as multiple clients under a main point of contact, children under a parent, pets, and even various projects under a single contact. That way, you can keep track of multiple individuals while communicating with their contact person.
Changing Your Work Term
You can select the work term that fits best with your business (for example, patients or students)
To select your work term, go to the bottom of your Business Info Settings Page and choose a custom term from the dropdown.
Managing Nested Clients
All the clients associated with the contact are listed under the contact information pane. To add a new client under the same contact, click the + icon on the client's section on the information pane.
By clicking on the client's name on the information pane, you'll be able to navigate between clients under the same contact.