You may have a long list of clients, or you may have many different types of clients, of varying ages, locations or business needs.
There are two ways to segment your clients for easy organization & sorting, messaging, marketing, and more:
1. Tags: adding tags to an individual clients or to a group of clients
2. Client Status Automation: categorizing your clients based on their relationship with your business: (a) Lead; (b) Customer; (c) VIP (d) Inactive
Add tags to your clients to make searching, texting, or emailing your clients or client groups a breeze.
Adding tags to individual clients
Luckily, all “tagging” means is adding whichever words you want to label your client with.
Go to your client’s Client Card main page, and under Tags type in the words you want to use, for example: “new,” “important,” “referral”, or more specific tags such as insurance type, allergies, etc., and hit <Enter>.
Adding tags to a group of clients
Easily create a client list by adding the same tag to multiple clients.
Step 1: Go to your Clients in your dashboard to open your client list.
Step 2: Select all the clients you want to tag
Step 3: Click on Add tags button from the menu above.
Now that you have your tags, you can use the Filter Clients function to search for specific clients, and to message them with important updates, promotions, and so on.
Simply check the Tags checkbox from your filter menu on the right hand side of your Clients list.
You may occasionally have duplicate clients, either because of an erroneous import, client creation, or simply because one of your clients used a different email address when they interacted with your business. When that happens, you can use the merge function to merge the duplicates clients into a single client while retaining their information.
Step 1: In your dashboard, navigate to Clients.
Step 2: Select the clients (up to 10!) you would like to merge by using the checkboxes. The Merge button will appear near the top right of the screen. Click on it.
Step 3: Select the 'primary client' all the other clients should be merged with. Essentially, this is the client card you will 'keep', while all other duplicate information will be added to it, so try to pick the one which has the client's preferred email address, or the largest number of previous interactions with your business. Click Merge to continue.
Step 4: The clients will be merged and an internal note will be added to the primary containing the details of the merge.
- Has appointments, group events, estimates, invoices or payments.
- Is linked to your Square, Quickbooks, or Google Reserve.
- Has more than 1000 messages.
- More than 10 clients are selected.
Client statuses are used to categorize your clients based on their relationship with your business. There are three default client statuses:
- Lead: A client who has not yet had business interactions with you (i.e., no payment interactions, appointments, messages, etc.).
- Customer: A client who has had at least one business interaction with you (i.e., the client attended at least one appointment, event, or has made at least one payment interaction).
- VIP: A client who is especially valuable to your business.
- Inactive: A client who is no longer engaged with your business.
You can even add custom statuses!
Step 1: Navigate to Settings > Client Card and Forms
Step 2: Switch to the Client Status tab
Step 3: Enter the custom status you would like to use in the Additional statuses field
Client status automation
Some client status changes are automated by default. A client status is automatically changed from 'lead' to 'customer' in the following cases:
- The first appointment or group event was completed
- The first payment was made or recorded
- The first invoice was issued
Here’s how you can change the default settings discussed above:
Step 1: Go to Settings > Client Card
Step 2: Click on the Client Status Automation tab
Step 3: You can disable the automatic change from Lead to Customer
Step 4: You can disable any of the individual rules for automation by unchecking the boxes
Step 5: Click Save to save your changes
Manually updating a client’s status
Regardless of how you configure your Client Status Automation settings, you can always update the status of individual clients manually from an individual Client Card. You can also select multiple clients and change their status at once.
Just follow these steps:
Step 1: Open an individual Client Card from your Clients list.
Step 2: Change the status from the Card’s Main tab
Here’s how you can update the status for a group of clients:
Step 1: Open the Clients menu. If desired, filter the Clients List according to a status.
Step 2: Select the checkboxes for the clients whose statuses you want to change.
Step 3: At the top of the page, click Change status.
Step 4: A window will open that allows you to choose a new status. Select the desired status and click Save.
Once you’ve added Tags and managed your Client Status, you can easily Filter Clients to target your business communications and efforts around specific client groups, needs or interests.
Once you have organized your clients with tags and statuses, you can take advantage of them to filter out client groups.
1. Navigate to your Clients section. You will find your filters on the right-hand side.
2. Use the search bar to quickly find clients by their name, email or phone number.
3. Select one of the default filters to filter based on preset conditions. You can use the Tags filter to filter by specific client tags. Use the Status filter to filter out clients based on their status.
4. Expand the Advanced filters section to access more filters such as Source and Creation Date. You can also filter by any of your client card fields.